Details for CARROLL COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM.
CARROLL COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM.
Carroll County has been chosen to receive $57,472.00 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
This selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from The Salvation Army; American Red Cross; United Jewish Communities; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; and United Way of America. The Local Board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country.
A Local Board made up of (local government; Salvation Army, a Catholic member and a Jewish member) will determine how the funds awarded to Carroll County are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds during this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must: 1) be private, voluntary non-profits or units of government, 2) have an accounting system, 3) practice nondiscrimination, 4) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and 5) if they are a private, voluntary non-profit, they must have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
Carroll County has distributed Emergency Food and Shelter funds previously with the Carroll County Emergency Shelter, Impact International and Carrollton Housing Authority participating. These agencies were responsible for 9,171 meals and 7,486 nights of lodging.
Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact David K. Ayers at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. The deadline for applications is May 25, 2020.
- Carrollton officials discuss changes to nuisance ordinance, uncut grass
- Virus cases down 5% in Carroll; ER cases rise
- Ex-felons must pay fines before they can vote
- Week 3 Football Scores
- Bicycle upcycle: "Bicycle Man" fixes bicycles free of charge, donates them to charities
- UWG financial center director receives numerous honors
- Times-Georgian budget for September 19-20, 2020
- House inquiry details issues with Ga. primary vote
- 15 arrested, drugs seized in GBI raids
- Deputies arrest another suspect in drug case
- At last, Neva Lomason Memorial Library to re-open doors
- Carroll County school program to be highlighted at national conference
- Open Hands celebrates opening of expanded facility
- City approves food truck court
- Sally expected to bring heavy rain to Carroll
- Carrollton High outperforms nation in SAT scores
- New jobless cash assistance coming next week
- City streets to be renamed for Dyer, Martin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!